Reporting directly to the CEO and Board of Trustees, Stephen’s prime responsibility is for the educational success of The SGS Academy Trust’s (SGSAT) family of schools.
Stephen first worked with SGSAT in late 2016 in an advisory capacity, joining permanently in early 2017 in a school improvement role at the Forest High School, which successfully exited Special Measures the following summer.
Stephen was Headteacher of SGS Pegasus from January 2019 to August 2019, and Executive Headteacher of Berkeley Green UTC from November 2018 to August 2019.
Stephen has an MA in Children’s Literature and NPQH.
The CEO delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day academic operations to Stephen, whose responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the SGSAT vision, ethos and strategic direction are shared by all
- Articulating the highest expectations of students and staff in relation to quality and performance standards
- Operational line management of the school headteachers and modelling excellence in leadership
- Evaluating each school’s areas of academic strength and development priorities, and overseeing the development of strategies to ensure all students make the highest possible levels of progress
- Demonstrating a proactive commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Holding all staff accountable for standards against challenging benchmarks
- Facilitating outstanding pedagogy, and high impact CPD, including the promotion of spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Ensuring all staff adopt a fair and consistent approach to behaviour management and attendance to ensure students are in school and focus positively on their own learning
- Ensuring exemplary safeguarding policy and practice throughout the Trust
Stephen is always happy to talk about any aspect of the Trust’s work and can be contacted directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07977 2222562.