Engineers have an important and demonstrable effect on the performance and success of our manufacturing capability and therefore, the apprentices of today can become our stars of the future. Though starting and spending a majority of your time at a base site, this is a national apprenticeship, and you will be studying and training in a cohort with other apprentices.
You will be covering various aspects of Engineering and will have the opportunity to gain an Apprenticeship Standard level 3 qualification, and a level 3 Diploma in Food & Drink Engineering Maintenance. It is our intention you will be visiting other manufacturing sites across the UK and developing both the technical, professional, and behavioural skills needed to be successful.
In this job you will learn the skills and techniques to be able to:
- Plan and prepare for maintenance of engineered systems
- Perform first line routine mechanical maintenance, including inspection and fault finding
- Produce replacement components, using manual and machine processes
- Weld stainless steel and other materials
- Perform first line electrical maintenance, including testing, fault finding, repairing, and replacing components
- Understand the basics of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and integration into fault finding
Hovis will provide a structured, focused, and professional work environment. Our carefully selected college provider has a specialist training centre for process manufacturing industries and shares our passion for quality delivery.
Full information & application details: