- We are looking for 2 Civil Engineering Apprentices to join two teams in our Broad Lane and Badminton Road Offices.
- As an apprentice in the Highways Design team, you will assist in the design and delivery of traffic management schemes, safer routes to school walking, cycling schemes and public transport schemes in South Gloucestershire.
- As an apprentice in the Highways Development team, you will assist in the approval of designs and construction of highway works implemented by developers, predominantly new carriageway and footway construction work. This requires interaction with teams from the drainage, structures, street lighting, traffic signals and traffic management.
- You will be working closely and alongside existing qualified Civil Engineers where you will assist them in estimating costs and programming of works.
- You’ll learn how to outline and detail designs using various Computer Aided Design (CAD) software programmes, alongside using Microsoft Office such as Excel, Word, Project and Outlook.
- In addition, you’ll be taught how to produce and understand drawings, reading and interpreting specification, surveying and setting-out.
- You’ll liaise with stakeholders both inside and outside the organisation, including undertaking consultation.
- The most challenging aspect of your apprenticeship will be the visits to a variety of sites from time to time and you should expect to be outdoors in all weathers and access areas with poor working surfaces (wet, muddy, slippery, trip hazards).
- Throughout your 30 month apprenticeship, we will allocate you a workplace mentor to give you guidance and support in completing your Level 3 Civil Engineering Technician. This will involve day release learning at Wiltshire College, Cocklebury Road, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 3QD. The council will cover the cost of your travel expenses to the college.”
Please be aware that the above information was taken from https://southglosweb.eploy.net/vacancies/940/apprenticeship–civil-engineer-apprentice.html. This was correct at the time of writing (07/06/22) but may have subsequently changed. Please check the website for up to date information.
Full information & application details: