17th March 2020
Whilst the government’s current position is that it does not want schools to close, it remains a possibility that we will need to close Pegasus school if advised to do so.
We fully appreciate that students and parents of our school will find the current situation very unsettling leading to increased levels of anxiety. Please rest assured that we are doing everything possible to support our students at this time. As part of our planning, we are preparing work for students to complete which will be communicated via a dedicated ‘Google Classroom’ for each class. A message to all parents has today been sent via Class DoJo on how to access this facility.
The key information is as follows:
- Pegasus school remains open until and unless the government directs otherwise
- Updates will be communicated through Class DoJo.
- Staff are preparing resources for learning; these will be made available through the ‘Google Classroom’ being set up. Instructions on how to access this has been communicated via Class DoJo.
- Students are being reminded about the need to maintain good hygiene habits
- Updates on how school is managing movement breaks, and social and emotional support will also be uploaded to ‘Google Classroom’.
For the full advice regarding self-isolation please read the official government guidelines here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-people-with-confirmed-or-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
If you have any queries about the impact of coronavirus on schools there is a helpline for questions relating to this which you can access: 0800 046 8687. The opening hours are 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday). Alternatively, you can e-mail: DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org
For any additional information, please contact me: