We have a dynamic approach to education in a fast-changing world, offering learners from age 14 upwards a specialist high quality vocational and academic education for those with a strong interest in engineering and digital technologies including cyber security.
We aim to challenge all learners, including those with special educational needs to prepare them for life in modern Britain.
Our contacts at Berkeley Green UTC are:
Special Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO): Penny Rolfe
Telephone: 0800 470 1516
Young Carers: Nicola Cretney
We aim to:
- Raise the aspirations of and expectations for all learners with special educational needs;
- Enable learners with special educational needs to achieve their full potential;
- Close the gap in attainment and progress of pupils with special educational needs;
- Support all learners with special educational needs so that they can become confident individuals and make successful transitions into adulthood, further education or training and employment.
We Identify and support learners with additional needs such as:
- Cognition and learning needs
- Communication and interaction needs
- Emotional, behaviour and social needs
- Sensory and physical needs
- Young Carers with additional responsibilities at home
This is done on an individual basis with support given appropriate to the need.
We use notifications from individual’s previous school; parental notification / contact; partner agencies or whilst here at the UTC via teaching staff or self-referral.
More details on our SEND provision