SGS Academy Trust and SGS Forest High School have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Headteacher for Personal Development
Assistant Headteacher -Personal Development
Post Number: 485
Salary Range: £47,739 – £52,725 per annum
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Contract Type: Permanent & Full time
Hours: 37 hours per week
SGS Forest High School is situated in Cinderford, Forest of Dean. SGS Forest High School has engaged with some of the best learning providers in the county to establish a rich, extensive curriculum and to support classroom teaching. We at SGS Forest High School aim to inspire students to become confident, ethical and compelling individuals with the aspiration and qualities to shape a better future for all.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College sponsor SGS Forest High School as part of their Multi-Academy Trust, and their size and range of expertise forms the basis of the support for schools within the Trust.
For more information, please visit https://academytrust.sgscol.ac.uk/
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Designing a Personal Development curriculum that meets students’ needs and fosters ambition, including all aspects of PSHE, RSE, SMSC and CEIAG.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the PD curriculum are sequenced to build on students’ prior learning and experiences.
- Holding staff to account for their roles in delivering this curriculum, whether as a teacher, tutor, leader or other role.
- Performing your role and delivering your service in a way that helps the Trust achieve its strategic objectives and annual development and improvement plans – taking account of available resources and national developments.
- Promoting the image of the Trust as one that is committed to the highest standards of delivery and service.
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level.
- Accredited professional training or qualifications, including PGCE or equivalent
- Significant experience as a successful curriculum leader.
- Ability to lead and teach another curriculum area, preferably a D&T subject.
- Builder and maintainer of positive, professional relationships with all.
- Excellent quality of spoken and written communication.
Why choose SGS Forest High School?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional development, access to the LGPS/Teachers Pension scheme, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: Friday 20th May 2022
Expected Interview Date: w/c 23rd May 2022
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud Academy Trust welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now