SGS Berkeley Green UTC opened in September 2017 with outstanding facilities, in a state-of-the-art building. We provide specialist, high quality technical and academic education for 14-19 students with a strong interest in Engineering and Digital Technologies including Cyber Security. Although we are a specialist centre, the core subjects are very much the foundations on which all else rests. Developing learners who are confident, fluent and creative is a priority for us.
This role comprises two elements:
The first is working with small intervention groups, or as part of a teaching team, to help fill gaps in students’ learning and key skills. For this reason, an ability to teach Maths, English or Science at key stage 4 would be an advantage, though not essential.
The second is acting as a cover teacher in the case of staff absence or to enable staff development. We believe that when a teacher is absent, students still deserve high-quality, directed lessons which allow them to sustain their progress. This role is therefore central to our ethos of providing a high-quality education for all.
The UTC is still small but growing, with around 300 students on roll from September 2021. For the right candidate, this will provide a fantastic opportunity to have a role at the heart of a school, to get to know every student and every member of staff, and to make a real difference to outcomes for young people.
We require a colleague who has:
• A genuine enthusiasm for teaching and learning and the ability to link learning to the real world;
• A proven level of excellence in the classroom at KS4 or an NQT with significant potential;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to build positive relationships with students;
• High professional standards and a ‘can-do’ attitude;
• A willingness to contribute to all aspects of UTC life.
In return we offer:
• Teaching at KS4 with students who are determined to succeed in their chosen field;
• Outstanding facilities in a purpose-built, £15million environment;
• The opportunity to work in a small, motivated and dynamic team;
• Excellent career progression.
Do you want to have a positive influence on the direction of technical education?
Can you support our students to become the wealth creators and idea generators of the future?
If so, this is your opportunity to make your mark. Come and join us on our journey!
Closing Date: 16th June 2023
Interviews: w/c 19th June 2023Apply Here