SGS Academy Trust and The Forest High School have an exciting opportunity for a Reading Intervention Leader.
Post Number: REQ000305
Salary Range: Up to £18,537 pro rata per annum
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Contract Type: Term-Time Only & Fixed-Term until 31 August 2022
Hours: 30 hours per week & 39 weeks per year
The Forest High School is situated in Cinderford, Forest of Dean. The Forest High School has engaged with some of the best learning providers in the county to establish a rich, extensive curriculum and to support classroom teaching. We at The Forest High School aim to inspire students to become confident, ethical and compelling individuals with the aspiration and qualities to shape a better future for all.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College sponsor The Forest High School as part of their Multi-Academy Trust, and their size and range of expertise forms the basis of the support for schools within the Trust. For more information, please visit https://academytrust.sgscol.ac.uk
SGS Academy Trust and The Forest High School have an exciting opportunity for an EAL Intervention Tutor.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Providing 1:1 and small group interventions to students for whom English is an additional language
- Teaching students to speak, read and write English with increasing confidence and fluency
- Provide guidance and coaching in language learning strategies
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Passion for teaching and providing a safe and happy environment for pupils
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Able to effectively analyse student data to monitor and improve performance
- Aware of and sympathetic to individual needs and the different ways in which young people learn and develop
Why choose The Forest High School?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional development, access to the LGPS, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: Sunday 13th June 2021
Expected Interview Date: Monday 21st June 2021
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud Academy Trust welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASEApply Now