SGS Pegasus are looking for a learning mentor to assist students with their social and emotional needs within the school setting and in the community.
SGS Pegasus school is a small, specialist school we currently have 93 students aged between 4-16, although we can have students up to the age of 19. For the right candidate, this will provide a fantastic opportunity to work at the heart of a school, to get to know every student and every member of staff, and to make a real difference to outcomes for young people.
The role of the HLTA mentor is to:
- To plan and provide effective and targeted support to overcome barriers and close gaps for a range of needs including closing of academic gaps and supporting meeting social, emotional and mental health needs.
- To support pupils who are finding it difficult to access learning and help them to regulate to return to their learning as quickly as possible. To support students to engage positively within the community.
- To work closely with families and the children to support children to access their learning and to ensure they are prepared for the next stage of their education.
- To manage the student’s behaviour proactively in the community and school setting.
- To plan and run an afterschool club for students who attend Pegasus.
SGS Pegasus School provides a genuinely innovative school for children and young people with autism, located in our state-of-the-art school in Patchway, South Gloucestershire. We at SGS Pegasus look beyond autism in order to create and individual academic, social, emotional and physical learning experience to ensure each of our children realises their potential. We aim to develop the whole child by creating a bespoke learning experience that celebrates our talents and successes.
Why choose SGS Pegasus school?
You will become an integral part of a supportive and passionate team of teaching, support and admin colleagues at the Pegasus with a commitment to professional development. SGS Pegasus serves a vibrant multi-cultural in-take and celebrates diversity. Pegasus’ leadership and staff are passionate about the development of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and want this to be reflected throughout the Academy including representation within the staff body. A proportion of student are from different minority groups and disadvantaged backgrounds. Students are excited to learn and are real ambassadors for our diverse community. They benefit from a positive and supportive learning environment.
Closing Date: 12pm 23 August 2023, applications in after this time will not be considered.
Expected Interview Date: Wednesday 6th SeptemberApply Now