SGS Pegasus School have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant to become part of the SGS Pegasus team.
Learning Support Assistant
Post Number: SGSP05
Salary Range: Up to £18,656.09 pro rata per annum
(Based on Full-Time Equivalent range of up to £21,498 pro rata per annum)
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Term Time Only Contracts will occur a salary adjustment if the start date is after 1st September
Contract Type: Fixed-term until 31st August 2021
Hours: Up to 37 hours per week and 39 working weeks per year
SGS Pegasus School provides a genuinely innovative school for children and young
people with autism, located in our state of the art school in Patchway, South
Gloucestershire. We at SGS Pegasus look beyond autism in order to create and
individual academic, social, emotional and physical learning experience to ensure each
of our children realises their potential. We aim to develop the whole child by creating a
bespoke learning experience that celebrates our talents and successes.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College sponsor SGS Pegasus School as part of their
Multi-Academy Trust, and their size and range of expertise forms the basis of the
support for schools within the Trust.
For more information, please visit https://academytrust.sgscol.ac.uk/
SGS Academy Trust and SGS Pegasus School have an exciting opportunity for a
Learning Support Assistant to become part of the SGS Pegasus team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Working alongside Class Teachers and/or HLTAs in leading learning and interaction
activities to individuals or groups of pupils
- To lead pupils individually or as a group with lively, rich and enthusiastic lesson delivery
- Provide Teachers with appropriate feedback on pupil achievement, progress and
- Actively contribute to the SGS Pegasus School Development Plan
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications:
- Extensive experience and awareness of working with autism and/or SEMH
- Qualifications and experience related to Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Understanding and awareness of needs and concerns of families of pupils with SEN
- Experience of and commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of pupils
Why choose SGS Pegasus?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional
development, access to the LGPS, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide
variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete a SGSAT- Application Form
and return firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring you quote the Post reference
Closing Date: Sunday 24th May 2020
Expected Interview Date: w/c 1st June 2020
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure
Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud Academy Trust welcomes applications from all sectors
of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE