SGS Academy Trust and SGS Pegasus School have exciting opportunities for Learning Support Assistants to join the team
Post Number: REQ000420
Salary Range: Up to £17,908.91 per annum (Based on Full-Time Equivalent range of up to £20,637 pro rata per annum)
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience) Term Time Only Contracts will occur a salary adjustment if the start date is after 1st September
Contract Type: Fixed-Term & Term-Time Only
Hours: 37 hours per week & 39 weeks per year
SGS Pegasus School provides a genuinely innovative school for children and young people with autism, located in our state-of-the-art school in Patchway, South Gloucestershire. We at SGS Pegasus look beyond autism in order to create and individual academic, social, emotional and physical learning experience to ensure each of our children realises their potential. We aim to develop the whole child by creating a bespoke learning experience that celebrates our talents and successes.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College sponsor SGS Pegasus School as part of their Multi-Academy Trust, and their size and range of expertise forms the basis of the support for schools within the Trust.
For more information, please visit https://academytrust.sgscol.ac.uk/
SGS Academy Trust and SGS Pegasus School have exciting opportunities for Learning Support Assistants to join the team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist students to access curriculum by working with the teacher to differentiate resources or tasks
- Demonstrate a willingness to share information and expertise, which could benefit other team members in their work
- To work collaboratively within the school and share information with the tutor and teaching teams
- To attend meetings, including meetings of the subject/learning support department/team, where appropriate
- To act as a reader or a scribe as necessary at school and national tests and examinations
- To provide an appropriate level of assistance to enable pupils to experience a sense of achievement, maintain self-esteem and self-confidence and encourage self-help skills
- To support children to carry out restorative conversations and repair relationships when they need to be completed
- Learning environment – ensure that the environment is supportive and enables learners to access the work without feeling dysregulated
- To uphold the school values and model these during your daily duties
- To help support with the annual review process of the students you are supporting.
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- One of the post holders will be required to – have a passion for outdoor play and learning and it would be desirable that they have a qualification in this area
- A Teaching assistant level qualification
- A degree in area or choice or higher-level qualification – desirable
- Competent in Maths, English and use of ICT
- Calm and supportive when a student is dysregulated and able to quickly resolve any anxieties
- Embraces restorative practises when dealing with behaviour management and student learn to repair situations or relationships eventually leading the conversations themselves
- Have comprehensive CPD schedule/log that shows development and willing to grow within your role
Why choose SGS Pegasus?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional development, access to the LGPS, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: Sunday 28th November 2021
Expected Interview Date: 6th December 2021
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud Academy Trust welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASEApply Now
- Learning Support Assistant Job Description 192 KB pdf View