We are looking for three TA roles at 5 days a week, one TA role at 4 days a week (working one-to-one with two different students) and one HLTA role at 5 days a week.
FTE Salary: Up to £25,020 per annum
Salary range: £21,712.50 pro rata per annum
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Contract Type: Permanent & Term-Time Only
Hours: 8:30-4:30 every day.
Term Time Only Contracts will occur a salary adjustment if the start date is after 1st September
We are looking for three TA roles at 5 days a week, one TA role at 4 days a week (working one-to-one with two different students) and one HLTA role at 5 days a week. Please specify in your personal statement which you are applying for or if you are flexible.
SGS Pegasus School provides a genuinely innovative school for children and young people with autism, located in our state-of-the-art school in Patchway, South Gloucestershire. We at SGS Pegasus look beyond autism in order to create and individual academic, social, emotional and physical learning experience to ensure each of our children realises their potential. We aim to develop the whole child by creating a bespoke learning experience that celebrates our talents and successes.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College sponsor SGS Pegasus School as part of their Multi-Academy Trust, and their size and range of expertise forms the basis of the support for schools within the Trust.
For more information, please visit https://academytrust.sgscol.ac.uk/
SGS Academy Trust and SGS Pegasus School have exciting opportunities for Teaching Assistants to join the team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assisting with general support throughout the school.
- Taking on 1:1 sessions and small groups, as well as supporting whole classes. In general, you will be supporting SEN pupils through the academic, social and emotional elements of school life.
- You will be expected to promote and secure high standards of teaching and learning, whilst supporting pupil achievement and progression
- You will need to actively contribute to SGS Pegasus School vision, aims and objectives.
- To work alongside the class teacher and/or support staff in delivering learning and/or social
- communication/interaction activities to individuals, groups or whole class of pupils. This may be with or
- without the teacher being present in the class (HLTA role)
- To lead groups or whole class sessions with lively, rich and enthusiastic lesson delivery, with flexibility and creativity to promote effective participation, enhance individual learning, raise aspirations and achieve full potential
- To work with staff to provide pupils, colleagues, parents and carers with timely, accurate and constructive feedback on progress and areas for development
- Be part of a whole school team, involved in decision-making on the preparation and development of
- policies and programmes of study, teaching materials, resources, methods of teaching and pastoral
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- SEN related qualification/s desirable
- Competent in Maths, English and use of ICT
- Calm and supportive when a student is dysregulated and able to quickly resolve any anxieties
- Embraces restorative practices when dealing with behaviour management and student learn to repair situations or relationships eventually leading the conversations themselves
- Have a comprehensive CPD schedule/ log that shows development and willing to grow within your role
Why choose SGS Pegasus?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional development, access to the LGPS, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: Sunday 19th June 2022
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud Academy Trust welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now