Pegasus School is looking to appoint an Qualified OT to play an important role in supporting the school to meet the needs of our Students.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Play an important role in supporting school to meet the needs of children with occupational therapy needs and in supporting good practice across universal, targeted and specialist approaches.
- Have a distinct role in assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating support for children and young people with a range of occupational therapy needs.
- Be committed to ensuring children are in environments which support development of skills throughout the school day, through an integrated service within the class.
- Be a key partner for Pegasus School and committed to its vision of fully integrated occupational therapy to develop independence and self- regulation
- Provide on-going training for staff to support the commitment to developing occupational therapy support for all pupils.
- Provide training workshops for parents to enable deeper understanding and use of successful strategies to develop communication
- Provide assessment, including screening or more specific assessment of individuals to determine specific areas of need and strategies to support development.
- Provide input to formal assessment processes for children who have long-term Occupational Therapy needs and who have an Education and Health Care Plan
- Pegasus School is committed to Safeguarding our pupils and working together with professional partners and families to ensure pupil well-being is paramount.
- 303 KB pdf View