We are looking for an Qualified Occupational Therapist to join our school team at Pegasus School.
Post Number: REQ000679
Salary Range: Up to£ 28.680 pro rata per annum (£24,890 pro rata per annum)
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Term Time Only Contracts will occur a salary adjustment if the start date is after 1st September
Contract Type: Permanent & Term-Time Only
Hours: 8:30-4:30 5 days per week.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist to join our school team. The successful therapist will be responsible for contributing to an integrated package of care for each child that is delivered in the therapy room in partnership with all co-professionals. The therapist will also work alongside class teachers and teacher assistant to deliver a program intervention. You are very welcome to come and see the school in action, should you wish to do so please contact our main admin desk.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The successful therapist will: –
- Play an important role in supporting school to meet the needs of children with occupational therapy needs and in supporting good practice across universal, targeted and specialist approaches.
- have a distinct role in assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating support for children and young people with a range of occupational therapy needs.
- be committed to ensuring children are in environments which support development of skills throughout the school day, through an integrated service within the class.
- be a key partner for Pegasus School and committed to its vision of fully integrated occupational therapy to develop independence and self- regulation
- provide on-going training for staff to support the commitment to developing occupational therapy support for all pupils.
- provide training workshops for parents to enable deeper understanding and use of successful strategies to develop communication
- provide assessment, including screening or more specific assessment of individuals to determine specific areas of need and strategies to support development.
- provide input to formal assessment processes for children who have long-term Occupational Therapy needs and who have an Education and Health Care Plan
- Pegasus School is committed to Safeguarding our pupils and working together with professional partners and families to ensure pupil well-being is paramount.
SGS Pegasus School provides a genuinely innovative school for children and young people with autism, located in our state-of-the-art school in Patchway, South Gloucestershire. We at SGS Pegasus look beyond autism in order to create and individual academic, social, emotional and physical learning experience to ensure each of our children realises their potential. We aim to develop the whole child by creating a bespoke learning experience that celebrates our talents and successes.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College sponsor SGS Pegasus School as part of their Multi-Academy Trust, and their size and range of expertise forms the basis of the support for schools within the Trust. For more information, please visit https://academytrust.sgscol.ac.uk/
SGS Academy Trust and SGS Pegasus School have exciting opportunities for Teaching Assistants to join the team.
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- SEN related qualification/s desirable
- Competent in Maths, English and use of ICT
- Calm and supportive when a student is dysregulated and able to quickly resolve any anxieties
- Embraces restorative practices when dealing with behaviour management and student learn to repair situations or relationships eventually leading the conversations themselves
- Have a comprehensive CPD schedule/ log that shows development and willing to grow within your role
Why choose SGS Pegasus?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional development, access to the LGPS, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: 9:00am 21/10/2022, applications in after this time will not be considered.
Expected Interview Date: 04/11/2022
Expected start date: November 2022
Applicants must hold the following: –
- The successful applicant must be a qualified Occupation Therapist
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud Academy Trust welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
- 142 KB pdf View