SGS Academy Trust and SGS Pegasus School have an exciting opportunity for a SEND Teacher.
SGS Pegasus School provides a genuinely innovative school for children and young people with autism, located in our state of the art school in Patchway, South Gloucestershire. We at SGS Pegasus look beyond autism in order to create and individual academic, social, emotional and physical learning experience to ensure each of our children realises their potential. We aim to develop the whole child by creating a bespoke learning experience that celebrates our talents and successes.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College sponsor SGS Pegasus School as part of their Multi-Academy Trust, and their size and range of expertise forms the basis of the support for schools within the Trust.
SGS Academy Trust and SGS Pegasus School have an exciting opportunity for a SEND Teacher
Our classes are innovative and exciting places to be where classes teams work together to develop solution focused approaches to meet the diverse and varied needs of pupils in our school. In joining the Pegasus team, you will have the opportunity to work at an inclusive and forward-thinking school, benefitting from the specialist knowledge and training from across our experienced and specialist staff.
We are a supportive and caring Trust where we strive to enable everyone to be the best they can be. We not only believe in the extraordinary but seek it out in every student we work with and every staff member who works for us.
We want to hear from you if:
- You are an exceptional practitioner with a proven track record in Special or Primary Education.
- You are able to inspire and motivate students to achieve their full potential.
- You are an ECT or more experienced teacher keen to start a career in special education.
- You have a passion to make a difference to the lives of students with a variety of disabilities.
- You are seeking to develop your career within a supportive and experienced team.
We can offer you:
- A positive and friendly working environment.
- An opportunity to work with an amazing group of young people.
- Extensive induction programme and ongoing CPD programme and training through The National College.
- Opportunities and support for continued professional growth.
- Employee benefits programme.
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Qualified Teacher status
- Experience of teacher children with Autism and associated needs
- Good practice in socialistation and personalised learning
- Emphasis on the child at the centre of learning
- Commitment to all students and the School Equal Opportunities Policy
- Interested in young people and how they learn, developing ways of removing barriers to learning.
Why choose SGS Pegasus?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional development, access to the LGPS/Teachers Pension scheme, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
Closing Date: Wednesday 30th November 2022
Expected Interview Date: w/c Monday 7th December 2022
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud Academy Trust welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASEMore information & application