SGS Academy Trust have an exciting new opportunity for an HR Administrator, to work with our schools. The role will be based at our Berkeley Green Campus, with regular travel to the other schools.
The successful candidate will provide support to the academies within the Trust by performing a variety of administrative and HR system tasks. In this position, the primary duty will be to support and work alongside the administrative staff in the schools and the SGSAT HR Business Partner. The role will also involve ensuring the successful onboarding and vetting of new employees, processing payroll and contractual changes.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deal with general day-to-day queries, on the phone and in person, efficiently in a professional manner and escalating requests / enquiries as appropriate.
- Providing high quality support to the department, general tasks may include: preparing of letters and general correspondence, dealing with and responding to email enquiries, incoming / outgoing post, photocopying, and archiving etc
- End to end support in the recruiting process, ensuring compliance with safer recruitment practices.
- Completion of pre-employment checks, ensuring compliance with safer recruitment practices
- Conducting employee life cycle activities such as maternity or paternity meetings and related paperwork.
- Ensure that all documentation produced is accurate and up to date and any changes are implemented in a timely manner within payroll deadlines.
- Ensure all administrative systems and procedures within the office are in line with the Trust’s quality frameworks, and meet the needs of the appropriate quality standards.
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or above or equivalent
- HR qualification (willingness to work towards)
- Previous experience in an Administration role
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
Why choose SGS Academy Trust?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional development, access to the LGPS, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
Closing Date: 26 November 2023
Expected Interview Date: Week commencing 04 December 2023
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud Academy Trust welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
Actual Salary Range: Up to £21,662
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience) Contract Type: Permanent and full time
Hours: 37 hours per week
NO AGENCIES PLEASEApply Now