We are looking to appoint an inspiring and engaging Teacher of Engineering and/or Design Technology Teacher to join our Team.
Salary: SGSAT Pay Scale up to U3 (£41,610) depending upon experience
Contract Term: Permanent
Contract Type: Full-time 37 hours per week
SGS Berkeley Green UTC opened in September 2017 with outstanding facilities, in a state-of-the-art building. We provide specialist, high quality technical and academic education for 14-19 students with a strong interest in Engineering and Digital Technologies including Cyber Security. We are committed to developing our students into the Engineers and Digital Technology experts of tomorrow by working closely with our employer partners to deliver our exciting and industry-relevant curriculum.
We are looking to appoint an inspiring and engaging Teacher of Engineering and/or Design Technology Teacher to join our Team. You will teach Engineering at Key Stage 4 and/or KS5. You may also contribute to the teaching of Design Technology at KS4 and Maths/Calculus for Engineers at KS5 depending on your skills and experience. We have some flexibility to shape the role to the strengths of the successful candidate.
We require a colleague who has:
- A passion for their subject and the ability to link learning to the real world;
- A proven level of excellence in the classroom at KS4 and/or KS5 or an NQT with significant potential;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- A willingness to contribute to all aspects of UTC life.
In return we offer:
- Teaching at KS4 and KS5 with students who are determined to succeed in their chosen field;
- Outstanding, industry-standard Engineering facilities in a purpose-built, £15million environment;
- The opportunity to work in a small, motivated and dynamic team;
- Excellent career development.
Do you want to have a positive influence on the direction of technical education?
Can you support our students to become the wealth creators and idea generators of the future?
If so, this is your opportunity to make your mark. Come and join us on our journey!
Closing Date: Thursday 10th February 2022
Interviews: Wednesday 16th February 2022